Editing 2 Draft Posts, At The Same Time? Careful!

We've been seeing occasional reports of problems, vaguely described inward Blogger Help Forum: Get Help amongst an Issue, referencing posts existence overwritten yesteryear other posts.
I receive got been working on my post, for days. This morning, I opened it, to edit - too discovered that it at nowadays contains cloth from another, newer post! How practise I recover my older post?
The answer is simple.
You can't. Blogger is non a Content Management System - too when you lot destroy a post, it's gone.
This study is a chip annoying. We tin suspect that in that location is a employment - but nosotros instruct no clue how to preclude the same disaster from destroying our ain blog.

My personal policy was only to suggest people to avoid leaving posts, inward Draft status, for long periods of time.

Publish sooner, too edit afterwards you lot publish. Unfortunately, around spider web log owners volition pass days - too weeks - working on novel posts, earlier publishing.

Generally, zilch untoward happens - too I instruct called names, for instructing people to non practise something, that helps them bask publishing their blog. Today, nosotros saw a clue every bit to what may move happening - too possibly, i precaution that nosotros powerfulness take.

I had 2 dissimilar Draft posts opened upwardly - too i ship replaced the content of the other. It's non recoverable, according to Blogger.

This scenario is yet annoying - but it's maybe avoidable.

Has this always happened, to you?

I've had instances where I opened upwardly 2 posts, simultaneously (or one, straightaway afterwards the other), thus I tin deed content betwixt the two. Occasionally, I may click on 2 dissimilar "Edit" links inward Posts, inward rapidfire trend - too opened upwardly 2 ship editor tabs inward the browser. Click - Click - too showtime work.

Looking at the 2 ship editor windows, I uncovering that I receive got 2 copies of the same content. Looking at the browser address window, I come across 2 dissimilar URLs. Obviously, I managed to opened upwardly the same post, twice.

If it happens, no problem. Recovery is simple.

To avoid stupidly editing the same ship twice (which re-create should I save?), the solution is simple. Save neither.

Close both tabs, immediately, without saving either - too showtime over. Open the 2 posts, for editing, i time to a greater extent than - but move to a greater extent than careful to non mis click the mouse - or what always I did to sweat the potential disaster.

So far, no problem. I receive got non lost a post, because of overwriting. Maybe, I've been lucky - or did I exactly repel an elephant attack?

The longer you lot take, when editing, the greater jeopardy that you lot volition come across this happen. So think, when editing posts, for long periods of time.

Draft posts may non instruct out you lot thus nonchalant.

What happens, though, if you lot opened upwardly 2 Draft posts, too the contents of i opened upwardly nether the edit URL of the other? Can you lot rapidly too safely closed both tabs, without saving either?

When you lot edit Draft posts, your posts are dependent area to malfeasance yesteryear AutoSave. What happens, if you lot opened upwardly 2 posts - too AutoSave saves the content of i post, into the other?

And in that location is i possible scenario, how i Draft ship tin overwrite the other.

I opened upwardly 2 previously published posts, simultaneously - a lot. I opened upwardly a Draft ship - too i or 2 published posts, simultaneously - occasionally. I receive got never opened two Draft posts, simultaneously - that I tin recall.

OK, nosotros don't know the sweat of the base of operations problem.

Admittedly, nosotros don't know why this happens, that i ship would opened upwardly nether the URL of the other - though I receive got a gut experience for what is going on.
It's non recoverable, according to Blogger.
Blogger knows that this is happening.

Just don't permit the employment destroy your post.

If the known employment is existent - too if Blogger has non yet managed to cook the employment - exactly don't receive got your function buy the farm a casualty of the problem.

If you lot are going to keep multiple Draft posts, over long periods of fourth dimension - too you lot always receive got occasion to edit 2 posts, simultaneously, opened upwardly each one, deliberately. Open one, verify the contents, too the ship editor URL - too then furnish to the Posts menu, opened upwardly the second, too verify the contents too the ship editor URL.

Don't opened upwardly multiple ship edits, inward rapidfire mode. You won't move editing, rapidly - opened upwardly carefully, too edit carefully.

Call me names, if you lot wish. You may regret, around time.

Maybe, you lot volition i time to a greater extent than telephone telephone me a ninny. Maybe not. But, if you lot always picket a long developed Draft ship destroyed, you lot may alter your mind.

Or, you lot tin move to a greater extent than careful, starting now. The lost work, that you lot may save, may move your own.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel